Thursday, February 6, 2014

Nana :3

My Current Obsession
NANA is my all time favorite anime/manga series. I personally enjoy both reading and watching this series. The anime keeps to the story line of the manga, which makes it all so much better! In a nutshell, the story line is about these two girls, both the age of 20 and BOTH share the same name, Nana. Nana Komatsu is the typical preppy girly girl who moves to Tokyo to be with her (current) boyfriend which ends rather quickly, but in the process meets Nana Osaki who is punk-rock, singer in a small town band. They meet on the train going to Tokyo, and eventually end up looking at the same apartment to rent. They become roommates, since splitting the rent in half would be easier then paying full rent *of course!*.
Even though their personalities and styles are COMPLETE opposite, their friendship and respect for eachother blooms to the point where the preppy Nana, who gets the nickname Hachi, becomes the biggest supporter for Blast *the band*. Nana O, the punk-rocker, moved to Tokyo to get her band really out there and be better known. She is also driven by the fact that her ex bf Ren, who left her to be the bassist in a HUGE band in Tokyo called Trapnest, would be able to see how far she has gotten without him. She still does love him dearly, and they get back together eventually.
 I really do not understand why I love this series SO MUCH. I mean, there are tons of little hidden facts. Like the apartment number they get is 707, and "nana" means seven in Japanese. Another one is they originally called Nana K "Hachi" (or Hachiko) because she is not too strong when it comes to falling for people, and her puppy like characteristics. BUT "hachi" also means eight in Japanese, so they would tease her for that too. Little details like that make me respect the writer more, they really put a lot of thought and creativity into the series!
This is a very sappy, lovey dovey relationship based series. They go into detail for both characters regarding their relationships, friendship, and jobs. I know this was a strange ramble but hey, I needed to get my mind off everything that has been happening, and anime does the trick :)
I am off to watch Nacho Libre and try to rest before work, I caught the flu so I feel like my head is going to expload from the pressure :( 
I love you all
XOXO
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment