Sunday, January 26, 2014

Keep on Going for Miles && Miles...

Literally...
Today I woke up with tons of missed calls and really mind-shaking text messages. My roommates grandma is in the hospital with internal bleeding and she could pass away at any minute. NOW--mind you the grandma lives 4 hours away almost at the very tip of Texas. AND I had work Monday and Tuesday. I couldn't just leave to go see her. So I spent the first half of the day finding people to cover my shifts so I could drive down here to McAllen and drive back to San Antonio on Wednesday, bringing my roommate and her brother. 

I lucky was able to find coverage, THANK YOU LIFESAVERS. Left San Antonio at 4ish, made it here by 8:30. Pretty good timing considering I kept stopping to pee xD THANKS A LOT REDBULLS!!! It was a gorgeous drive. Honestly, I really was able to sort out  my thoughts and jam out and have deep conversations with Santos <3 love you brother!!

We were not able to see grandma today because visiting hours are over, but I just got a text telling me that she is bleeding a lot worse now and they'll call if anything. I want to go see her already, I am trying to hide it but my heart aches. I lost all my "blood" grandparents, but this one I adopted and really loved to listen to her stories. :( I am trying so so hard to hold myself together.

Why does someone dying always have to take my breath away. I am terrified of death. Not dead people, but people dying. I am so so scared, I cant stand it. I don't think I will be able to sleep....
I will only be here till Wednesday because I have work Thursday and Friday. I will be driving back to San Antonio by myself, and back down here Friday night or Saturday morning depending on how tired I am.

________________________________________________________________
I have been sitting here at the hospital with grandma for a few hours now. She just fell asleep and is snoring away. She is fighting so hard, so much pain. I feel so much ache in my chest because she doesn't deserve to suffer at all. She is so strong and stubborn. They should be bringing her morphine soon. I love her so much, I wish she would accept the nurses and doctors help, but she just wants out of here.
I know I posted this earlier but I did edit it. I was parked outside of Denny's using their wifi. I will be staying the nights here with grandma, holding her hand and telling her constantly that we love her.
A huge thank you to all my friends and family for the unconditional love and support. You are all the best. && TO my foundation, I miss you. I will see you all Wednesday night or Thursday morning.<3
(missing DinaBea<3)

Stay strong,

I love you all,
XOXO
Cassie

4 comments: